Tuesday, May 31, 2011

4 miles...fear the cloud!!

The intent for today's run was to do my normal 6 miles...oh sorry 10km...huh, how about that!! As i headed up to the children's park/botanical gardens, "The Cloud" (new Steven King book for sure, soon to be major motion picture, staring Jeff Bridges as me) could be seen coming down the mountain..."The Cloud" seems to be the guarantee of rain...so I decided to cut it short, as the rain here is never a "light drizzle" or a "minor shower" it is usually a full on "torrent" or better a "monsoon of epic proportions". I'm just saying, it rains HARD. So my desire to get in a good run was buried by my desire to continue to use my Garmin watch, and my new Sony headphones. So I picked up the pace a bit and went shorter. I felt good actually, so it was not all bad, ended up at 4+ miles in about an 8min/mile pace...you know, as a runner, having everything in metrics makes you look like a GOD!! My 4.2 miles at an 8:08 pace turns into 6.47km at a 5:03 pace...I know its the same, I understand the concept...it just looks more awesome!! Anyway, so big beach run this weekend, looking forward to that. There are new colors for the Brooks Launch and the Green Silence...Awesome...If you like brooks shoes, check em out at www.brooksrunning.com. . Loyal reader, as always, thank you for following me!! Run Happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment