Monday, May 23, 2011

7 Miles, good run! Running Happy!

I did run happy today, my legs felt good and although at the end of the run it read 1:00:00+ and 8:36 min miles, I think I did a bit better than that, I stopped to try and photograph the monkey hanging out on the sidewalk in front of the botanical garden, I nearly dropped my phone though and he/she ran up a tree, that's the first Penang monkey i have seen! I also ran into quite a bit of traffic, having to wait to cross streets, tends to add time, I think, to whatever workout I'm doing. Anyway, it was a good run, I was happy with how I felt, mentally, how my legs felt, overall it was just good!! I like running in the gardens as well, it is a little cooler in there, and you get some elevation as well. That will help me with two of the races I will be doing in the next two months, one is a run up the 60 stories of the Komtar Tower in Georgetown...i think they have done races like that in Tampa maybe...I thought I saw a race up one of the towers in downtown Tampa. anyway, another one is up Penang Hill, so those two should be interesting, I have no experience with hills at all, or elevation, so I will have to get in a few hilly runs before those two! i have a beach race at the beginning of June, and the 10K road race this weekend. It should be fun! I am glad there are some races here It is going to be cool meeting some of the people i have already met in a competitive event! Well good day good run, Need to get back on that happy,happy,joy,joy horse again on Wednesday...need to keep the good vibes going!! I tell you, the one thing i am missing is someone to talk to about my running, I always had someone i could lean on if things were bad, or talk to when things were good...I am hoping to find that again here...I just don't think it can ever bee the same as the running click that i have in St. Pete....Well loyal reader, Thanks for keeping up, Run Happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment