Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Felt like "Frogger"!!

You know that video game from the 80's, "Frogger", the one where you have to get the little frog across traffic without getting squished...well today that was me, just remove the Frog and replace him with a 42 year old runner, and then replace the fake traffic with real live traffic on Jalan Burma and Jalan Kelawei. It was really crazy today, and you really have to look out, because they are not looking for you at all!! I had to run Brenna's water bottle up to school, she forgot it and did not need to be without it today, so I decided to run up to school and back and just include that into my normal run. After dogging traffic for 2.5 miles, getting beeped at by maniac scooters, and nearly hit twice, I thought I would be better off staying to my normal route. Although I will be running up to the botanical garden tomorrow, just to see how long it takes, there is a running group that I think i already mentioned, leaves from the youth park on Sunday mornings. I am not sure what kinds of roads it is on, i should check before I head off to run them, but from the looks of Google Earth, it looks like there are side walks and such...lets hope, because when I played Frogger, I got squished more than i made it across...In the end I ended up with like 5.5 miles total. not a great day, but not too bad either, little later than I wanted to be out, so the sun was up full and the heat and humidity were on. It had also rained which made it a bit more steamy. It felt good to get out and not be so cooped up. Well loyal reader, tomorrow will be a run and the Gym, so I will let you know how that goes, until then, Run Happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment