Sunday, May 15, 2011

9.78 Miles at a 9:33 pace is terrible!! but I'm ok with it...

Well 4:45AM came really early, and then a run up to the botanical gardens was even earlier, but no problem there...The I could not find the group, I was totally lost. I did find a group, just not the group I was supposed to find. i did eventually see the group I was supposed to find on the road running past and just joined in...at least I think it was them...anyway the lead runner set a good pace and this runs was supposed to be 14K...I just started off way to quick, as usual...i have to get it in my head that I am going to handle the heat poorly, and even if i do feel great early, there is that heat wall that i hit right around 7-8 miles. There are three more things that I learned today...my pacing has to change, and i cant be embarrassed that I am not pulling 7:30M/Mile...I will eventually be able to do that, just not from jump...I am recalling that over the summer in Florida my pace suffered as well, so it is the same here. I also need to fill up the amphipod, i carried two bottles today and on these 8+ runs I need to carry 4 so I don't have to detour to the 7-11 and re-fuel. lastly, I need to stretch better, especially in this heat, my right hamstring is really giving me trouble, i have been RICE'ing most of the day to see if I can get it to calm down, i think the next two days will be off days with some further RICE'ing...I could really use some body work, but there is no place to do it here...I did talk to a guy today who is getting some rehab work done on his hamstring and I might see who he is using...I will see how the next two days go if I rest, do my cold therapy, use compression and elevate when I can. I would truly like to thank the I-run group today, not sure of everyone name yet, hope to continue to train with them and get to know them better, it was a great run! Oh I signed up today for a Hanson Brothers training program, through the Brooks Fanatics site...It is a great $100 investment for me to get ready for the Penang Bridge Marathon...I have decided to do the 1/2 marathon this year and save the full for next year. The Hanson programs are world renown, and I feel truly blessed to be able to have this opportunity! Being involved with Brooks, even on the surface level that I am is truly a great things and has brought me many rewards!! Ok, that's enough for tonight, Loyal reader it was a good day and a good run, even if I didn't hit my goal pace, I still got in a good distance, and the pace will come over time! Despite all my Kvetching, I Ran Happy!! hope you do too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment