Thursday, May 19, 2011

I HATE Treadmills!!

So I had to do the unthinkable...It was raining for most of the early morning, I have been burned up going out past 8:30am too many times to do it again. Soooooo it was the treadmill at the gym...I begrudgingly walked down to the gym, still drizzling at that point....arrived at the gym, and there along the windows was my nemesis, this hulking, metallic, digital sensor blinking, big revolving rubber band piece of machinery...today though it was a necessary nemesis. I had to get in a run, test my hamstring and get myself back into a routine...well my GPS on my Garmin did not work, so I could not track the run...I had to let the machine do it...I could keep track of my heart rate, so that was good! Ok now about the machine...first, metrics only, which I have to get used to, second I could not get it to give me any more than a 30 min workout, and I needed at least 50 min if not longer, and then it does a mandatory cool down cycle...so that sucked. At 30 min I had to stop it and reset it, and then ...well anyway...not cool, stupid machine...give me a road any day, no reset, no 30 min only, unless I want it that way. It was a workout though, and I was able to keep my heart rate between 150-173bpm. So 11Km in about 55 min, not bad...My hamstring felt good also, and does not feel to bad now either...little ice, little TP roller...I will try and go out again tomorrow, maybe another six miles...um excuse me...10Km....I am not sure if I will be doing the long run Sunday...I might though, we will see how the hammie feels. Looking forward to my race next weekend...got lots coming up also....Well loyal reader, Run Happy (not on a treadmill though, then run Indifferent).

No comments:

Post a Comment