Sunday, May 29, 2011

Fun Race!!

Well I had a blast, met allot of new people!! Met a local guy on FB named Thuan, who offered to give me a ride to the park this morning, that was really kind!! Really nice guy, and a good runner as well, really cool to be making friends in this vast and talented running community!! So anyway, the race, it left from the Youth park, and was pretty tight getting out of the park, once out, I just picked my way through until I could hit a good pace, I went out way too fast though, and had to dial it back about 3/4 of the way through, and then turn it up again at the end for a good 1/4 mile kick. This was a really well run race, despite that it was a charity race that had no timing services, and was supposed to be a "fun" race. They had a midway water stop (very nice), good support from local law enforcement with road closures and services, they had some race marshalls on bikes, throughout, it really was well run!! So I finished in 46:17 not bad with the heat...I will take it! The running community here is really great, there are a ton of runners and everyone seems to enjoy what they do! Very Welcoming. so that is the first one of many under my belt...hopefully there will be some pictures...i know there is one that my friend Thuan took that I can post!! Awesome morning!! Loyal reader, the real adventure has begun!! Run Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment