Saturday, May 14, 2011

Botanical garden, 6+ mile loop.

So I headed off this morning for a loop that would include the botanical garden, just so I could get my bearings, with the group run on Sunday. Its not easy getting to the road that leads to the garden, Jalan Kebun Bunga, because I have to go through a busy part of town and cross a few busy roads, so there was a lot of stopping today, which messed with my time and pace (I am beginning to get over this). The run was really nice once I got out of town, and the garden was beautiful! It was a very nice run, with some good hills for hill training!
After a lap or two around the gardens, I headed back to the roads and home. It started to rain a bit and there were some temples along the way that I wanted to get a quick pick of, but I figured I have time, and this will not be my last run to the garden.So coming up here Sunday will be easy, not sure if I can do 10 miles + though...with the 2.3 it takes to get to the garden and then another 7+ with the group, i am at 11 by the time we are done...that is the longest i have gone in a while, so we will see, If i have to bow out at a point i will, but my competitive nature may not allow me to do that...I will really have to dial down the pace and be satisfied with 9's for pacing, unless I can draft/pace with someone who is doing 8's. At 5:30 in the morning there will be no sun, so the blistering heat should be off, the humidity will be there though. Anyway, good run, hamstrings hurt a little, probably the up and downhill sections, little TP roller and some ice did the trick though. Rest day tomorrow, with some walking around. looking forward to Sunday and meeting some new people, they have really been welcoming on facebook, so it should be fun!! Loyal reader, please, Run Happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment