Wednesday, June 1, 2011

old yeller was PISSED!!

Well the morning began a bit rainy, but it was light, and "the cloud", now officially re-named "La Nube" (isn't it cool how if you translate something to Spanish...even something simple like "cloud" it adds awesomeness by a factor of like 1 million!) Anyway..I decided to go out, it would be cooler (maybe) with the rain, and I was right, today was possibly my faster training 6 miles, since I arrived in Penang. That is only part of the story though...As I was coming back down from the botanical gardens, onto Jalan Kelawi, I had to stop to fix my shoe, well my sox acctually...I wore the wrong ones today and I was getting a blister just below my...sorry guys...ankle bone. Well I did not even notice that Old Yeller, from here on officially re-named Evil Yeller. was sitting right beside me...well I don't think he liked me being there...he barked then started toward me teeth bared and growling...Oh crap...what to do, walk slowly away and get close enough to a tree so that I can climb it if this reject from Lady and the Tramp starts to go mental. Thankfully he did not...I was wondering when one of these strays that is around was going to take a dislike to me and well TODAY was that day...so I am thinking that I will stick to my new favorite route, up to the gardens and through the kids park, and over the river and through the woods...So home again without a scratch, and i have a new canine best friend, who probably spent the afternoon texting all of his peeps, to put the word out and the skinny guy from Florida...It was a good run, all kidding aside, I felt good, and I think I am feeling better every time I go out...cool!! Well Loyal reader, Brenna has off from school the next two days, so unless I get up at the crack of dawn, I will be doing very little running, unless I meet one of the 5:30 groups, after Rox gets home from work...we will see...I still have Saturday and a race Sunday. Until I have something to post again...Run Happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment