Friday, April 8, 2011

Slowing down again.

The whole pace thing, plays with my head...I got so used to my 7:20 pace back home, that 8:00 here is really bothering me. I know I know, its just training, and I can do some tempo stuff in between to off set the pace. My heart rate zones are still consistent. I guess I just need to let my body get used to the heat. It was 85 with 90% humidity at 8:00 this morning, so until I get confident enough to go out before first light (when Brenna starts taking the bus next term) I am going to have to accept it. Despite the heat,it was a nice run this morning! I could have gone longer, and should try a long run this Sunday. I love the smells during my run, each area is different, I get some awesome curry and cooking smells, then there is the smell of garbage and diesel fuel as the garbage trucks go by. There is the smell of concrete and construction, there are a few buildings along my run that are in various stages of construction. It really is a whole new experience for me. I am also finding that folks along the way are beginning to recognize me, they waive hello or say good morning. The traffic is still a problem as there is zero respect here for pedestrians, you have to be aggressive and hope they stop, or wait and wait for a opening... Kombucha is set to brew now, so it should be done in about 9 days, an then hopefully I will begin to feel better, the respiratory thing is the pits, did not affect my breathing today though. Ah well, good day in Penang. Until tomorrow loyal reader...RUN HAPPY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment