Thursday, April 14, 2011

Quiet 7 with the sunrise.

An easy run this morning, I wanted to see where my heart rate would be if I backed off a bit. I ran today at an 8:15 pace, and still kept my average heart rate at 149bpm, with a max of 164bpm...so I can be ok if I go a bit slower. Not too much though! I don't see how I can do more than 10 miles in a day though, unless I get up at 4:00am...it is just so humid at all hours of the day. If I get out before the sun comes up, I don't have the heat, but the humidity is still a killer. Gotta just push through and do the best I can. I really want to make a good showing in this 10K more for myself than for anyone else. Feel like i need to prove to myself that I can still be as fast here as in FLA. I know all of that is stupid, but I can help it. Anyway, nice run today, but for the next two days it will be near impossible to do anything. I am hoping to go out early Sunday and get in 8...I am at least being reasonable up gradually building to 10+ miles here, rather than jumping into it like last Sunday...bad plan, learned my lesson. so may be some swimming tomorrow, then hopefully Sunday again. So loyal reader it is with a heavy heart that I bid you fond adeu' for the next two days. i might post if something awesome happens, like I go and get my gym membership, or Meb decides that while he is here in Penang (why he would be here I have no clue) he needs a running partner...I will see you all on Sunday!! until then RUN HAPPY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment