Saturday, April 9, 2011

Checking out a 10K and a Half Marathon...

So yes today was an off day, no cross training either...I know "F-ing Slacker". I just wanted to spend today with my girls. So I did a google search on 5K runs in Penang and found out that there is a 10K in May, that looks like it would be fun. 6AM, so before it gets too hot. I don't think I can equal or best my PR, but I am damn sure going to try!! Although, with the humidity, it is not a goal. I just want to run some competitive races here before the Penang Bridge run in November...This 10k seems a good place to start. I think the Half would be better in November instead of the full marathon...don't know if I want my first marathon to be on strange ground...Sorta want it to be on US soil...but that might be a cop out. I will continue to train, and see what happens. going to try and get in 10 miles tomorrow, NEED to go out early...7:00AM. Feeling good and excited about a long run here...should be fun!! To you loyal reader, as always "Run Happy!!".

No comments:

Post a Comment