Thursday, June 23, 2011

Does 5.6 miles count??

Well I don't think it does...I got out late though and as you know loyal reader...what happens after 8:30am...that's right, its hotter than blue hell!! Guess what...i got out after 8:30...there was a bit of a breeze and it felt cooler for part of the run, but i think that was my mind playing tricks on me. I was able to get some even splits which is good, and maintain a nice 8:25 pace pretty much throughout. My right foot really started to give me fits over the last 1.5 miles though, so i thought about running the last .6 miles, but decided that I was better off being able to go out again tomorrow that fighting for that last .6 miles...see old age does bring intelligence...just not constantly, for example; I don't seem to ever be able to find my keys, and have begun looking in the freezer for them. I felt good otherwise and am able to increase the amount of time I am able to spend in my Garmin zone 8, i am up to about 3 -4 min now, and it was only like 1-2 when I got here. there are improvements, I just want to get back down to my 7's in pace so I can start making a better showing in some of these races! Well I ran happy today and to you loyal reader, I hope you run happy too (channeling Mr. Rodgers!).

No comments:

Post a Comment