Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sunday 10 miles...

So I did a shout out to the local running gang, most of them seem to be recovering from the SCKL Marathon, or In Australia for the gold coast airport marathon. My friend Thuan was running though and planning on a long run to the esplanade clock tower and back to the youth park. I was supposed to do the Penang Hill Climb today, but I decided against it, my hamstring feels good right now, with the Hanson's program starting soon I want to be in my best physical condition. so instead of running an 8K up the side of a mountain, I decided to do my normal 10 miles, and have a running partner along with me. I have run both solo, with a single partner and with a group. I find that in my mind I want to separate from the group, and not follow my pacing, so that is what I tend to do, solo, I find my pacing easily, and usually stick with it. I find that a single partner it often the best especially on long runs as I can draft in the beginning when I am getting my legs, and then pace well following that. So The intention was to meet up with Thuan at the Youth Park and begin the run from there. As it turned out he got an early start, and I met him along the way. it was a good run and actually felt cool out for most of the run...I think that was a harbinger of what was to come...At about mile 8 for me the Monsoon hit and hit hard. It was coming down in buckets, so I ducked (no pun intended) into the house and grabbed my rain jacket, and headed back out to get in my last 2+ miles. I found there to be 1 foot standing water in some places and the traffic seemed to delight in throwing "rooster tails" and getting me even wetter...that part of it was not fun! So a good ten miles, a chance to run with a friend again, and a chance to experience my first run in a Penang rainstorm!! I ran happy loyal reader, I really did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment