Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Monday off, tuesday a tempo 4 miles.

Well if anything a day of rest on Monday helped, I feel much better, thanks for asking! So I figured with the digestive system in tact, it was time for another tempo run, the problem was that the last one i did earlier than this one, I think, and it rained a bit this morning which does not tend to cool it down it just makes the humidity swelter even more. So this 4 miles was at about a 7:58 pace, and I did the run in just under 31:00...not bad. these tempo runs really restore my confidence in the fact that i can pull sub 7:40 training times, but not for longer than 4 miles or so. I figure after a year here I should be able to go up to about six miles at under 8:00 miles in training. It was a good run. Ok quick shoe report, I still love my launches and have worked a new pair into the rotation, I wear them for anything longer than 6 miles. my older ones are still in great shape, i cannot wait to get home in December and get my Green silences and the new color scheme Launches that are waiting for me (between now and then I will have to buy another pair). I am really interested in trying out the green silences, mostly because my Saucony Kinvaras are a dirty little secret...i feel like I am cheating on Brooks every time I wear them. I just cant deny i like them. I am hoping that the Green Silences which seem like an identical platform are the same kind of shoe. If not the Brooks Pure Project shoes are out in October and  I will be on a pair of Pure Connects as soon as I can!! Run Happy Loyal Reader!!

No comments:

Post a Comment