Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Monday, running day off...Biking was on though.

So my friend James invited me to get some brunch up in Batu Ferringhi, the catch was we would get there by bike...loved it!! I have to admit I was a bit nervous, the roads up there are small, windy and tend to be dangerous even in a car!! Off we went at about 8:00AM, The ride was good, better than I thought it would be, we went all the way up to the Dam, I think its about 14 miles. We then headed back, got some breakfast on the way, Roti Cana, like a crepe with cheese, served with both a red curry and a yellow sauce that was really good!! James and i then headed back into town and along the way watched a car run into a light pole...the driver just ran into it...no busy highway, no one turned in front of them...just BAM into the pole...both James and i looked at each other like...huh!!! As we continued along, back to Gurney, We had one more emergency, as we were coming into the home stretch, James got tagged by some idiot who clearly does not know the rules of the road. To make matters worse the git gets out of the car like the hardest guy on the block...so great, here I am thinking, I have my bike shoes on, if this cat decides to throw, I have no traction at all...so I figure if it looks that way I will just take them off...why is that the first thing that pops into my head...It ended up being a bit better than i thought, James and the idiot discussed matters, I stayed out of it and we all went on our merry way. James was a bit banged up, rather large bit of road rash on his elbow, but he did not seem any worse for wear. We made it the rest of the way without incident. Good ride except for the end part, good breakfast and good company!! Thanks James!!

No comments:

Post a Comment