Saturday, July 2, 2011

Real Tempo run!

Well I had it in mind today to just get in an easy short run in preparation for a long run Sunday. Once I got out there though, i found that even though I did not go out till 8:00AM, which is why I figured short and easy...It was rather cool and hazy so the heat was not as bad...I decided to do a flat out (in so much as I could go flat out) 4 miles to see if I could do it. Well I was able to keep my heart rate in zone 4 - 5 at about 90%. my pace stayed right around the 7:20 - 7:30 mark and i did the 4 miles in a little over 29 min...Not to bad I think. I was happy to find my pacing down around where I used to be in Florida, I am not sure If I could do a run that flat out over 6 miles, or even longer than that, but I would like to think that If i continue to work hard, I could. I am feeling better about this Hansons Training now! I really think that I can do the Penang Bridge in 1:40, or even...1:35...That would be great for me, I mean, I would be really happy!! I will have to see how tomorrow goes, with a longer run, and a slower pace. Well I am feeling better and more motivated, I am glad I did what I did today...I ran happy!! Loyal reader, thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment