Saturday, August 13, 2011

Now more like "A Floridian Runner Recovering in Penang"...

My recovery although difficult at times is moving along at a plodding pace, but moving none the less. Thursday was an interesting day in the process, I woke up to find my hand very infected at the pin sites, and got myself in to see the Doc a day early...In the process of looking into the infection, he had my hip and my wrist x-ray...The wrist is mostly healed, about another 10 days and I can begin rehab. He took off the cast, and replaced it with a wrist guard, he also removed the more infected of the two wires...Good Lord that hurt...it was just grabbing the protruding end with a wrench and pulling it out...not fun...but its out...I go back Monday to have him check it again, and possibly the second wire comes out.No more cast is a good step!! The hip is another story, clearly badly broken initially, and now repaired, but the bone is far from knit as of yet. The good news is that it looks from the x-ray like the femoral head is healthy, will need a bone scan at some point further along to confirm, but for now its good news!! My hip movement is getting better, the only thing that is still difficult is abduction and adduction...everything else is improving...i got my own sock on and tied my own shoe yesterday...Rox was jealous...she cant do that with her arthritis. So Its coming along with the hip, the wrist feels like a foreign object right now, no strength at all and a good deal of pain when I try to move my thumb..all other fingers are good, the thumb though...not so good, but rehab has not begun yet, i am sure it will be better once it does. From the running side, i pre-ordered my Brooks pure project shoes, they should be shipping around October, and I am hoping to be a month or so into my rehab by then...I got the true neutral pure connect..hoping that the injury has not changed my stride at all!The will be my recovery reward...i am still thinking about Penang Bridge being a possibility, even if I walk most of it...not sure though and not going to push it...but would that not be a kick!! Run Happy loyal reader!!

No comments:

Post a Comment