Monday, August 1, 2011

its been a while...

So loyal reader, happy runner...things are improving still, my ROM is increasing, the Doc had positive things to say at our visit on Friday, and the cast may come off my wrist in another 2 weeks or so!! awesome!! Sleeping is still hell, I make it till around 4 AM before everything starts to cramp and there is no longer a comfortable position to sleep in.
I want to rant a bit on behalf of some friend who went to a night run this past weekend in Putrajaya (near KL), and got robbed, had their car broken into, and electronics, cash and credit cards stolen...This is an American problem, and should not be something we export!! I mean that from the standpoint that although crime is prevalent everywhere, this patrolling the grounds of public sporting events is getting to be an epidemic. Most runners especially are not wealthy, its not a sport that demands wealth, like polo. Runners are usually 9-5 ers who save up for their running adventures, and often give up other things in pursuit of the finish line and a PR, or a finishers medal or even dare I say a chance to stand on the podium. Why steal from us...huh...why!! Hell most of the runners I know are the kind of people who would toss you a 20 if you needed it and not ask for anything in return!! Take for example the group here...I am a newcomer, and someone they all know will be here only for a limited time, and they, THEY treat me like family...like we have known each other for years....Hell one of the guys who raced this past weekend and had stuff stolen, offered me his placement medal...That is rare to find in people, those are FRIENDS, those are people who deserve better than to go someplace to do something fun and good for you and have to wonder if their stuff is safe...Not have some idiot with zero respect for anyone jack their stuff. I believe in karma, so I know that ill will be revisited on them 10 fold. I am not sure what is happening to us as a people, but I do know this, for every idiot who thinks that its acceptable to take something that is not theirs, and ruin someones day in the process...there are hundreds of people like the friends I have made here, who gave up their time to visit me in the hospital and here at home, have baked for us, have offered medals, spent hours in the mall...generally have made us feel welcomed and cared for. Like the friends I have at home who have offered their get wells and advice from thousands of miles away. We are of greater number than you smash and grab idiot, and with all that karma working against you....you might want to put down the tire iron, and get a job...because we are coming for you....don't say you have not been warned. Run Happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment