Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I-Run 1 year Anniversary dinner!

I-Run 20 August 2011, Happy 1Year Anniversary!

Well the group I joined in late March of this year, and only ran with for 3 months was celebrating a year since its inception, and they invited us...well I think they invited me, I invited us! It was held this past Saturday at a restaurant called Stone Bay, very nice place, aside from the two flights of stairs I had to navigate to get to the restaurant. There were allot of people there, and usually big social gatherings are cause for nervous energy among the adult members of the Neilson clan, We (Rox and I) feel tremendously close and comfortable with these accepting and kind people...Brenna...Brenna is always comfortable, no matter the situation! Anyway what a great night, Great food, and I mean it just kept coming, seafood, and chicken dishes, it was awesome! Great friends, some of my dearest friends that I have known since I arrived and were there for me when I had my accident, to new friends who I have seen at races but never had a chance to talk with, it was a room full of some of my favorite people! I did miss getting some photos with some of the people I wanted to, but the group shots cover most if not all of the bases.

Chun How Lee
Chung Mei Ling, Chun How Lee, Cupido Kelvin


SK Leon, Andrew Lo, Tan Heng Hooi

Chun How Lee, Eric Lim, Cheng Siew Seng

Chung How Lee, Francis Khor

Tan Cheng Jin, Cupido Kelvin, Chung Mei Ling, Chun How Lee
Andrew Loh, Eric Lim, Ong Leng Hin

There was some awesome Karaoke going an and let me tell you both the men and the women who sang did awesome!! The lucky draw was hysterical and everything before after and in between was just so much fun!! We actually won some lucky draws as well, with Roxanne getting one and me getting one!! I of course had to model the shorts I won!!


Karen Geh, with the winning ticket!


My new shorts..Nicol Chug, Andrew Loh,
Chung Mei Ling


Roxanne got to draw, and she also won!!

To end the night we got to nip into one of Mei Lings awesome cakes, and there were pictures galore!!



Got some help down the stairs from my friend Choo Cheng Liang, who also waited with me while Roxanne got the car! So many great friends!! Such a great time!! I look forward to being able to continue to run with this group, share my love for this great sport, and be inspired by them!!
Thank you I-Run!!




1 comment:

  1. Dear Chris
    Haha....must be an exceptional experience for you, Rox and Brenna at the fascinating dinner gathering last Sat.
    It was great and we thank you for your attendance and glad that you all enjoyed our 'wild party'
    Best wishes to you and your family and wishing you a speedy recovery
    Cheers.....

    Kind Regards
    Choo

    ReplyDelete