Sunday, April 6, 2014

Good and bad...a resignation.

It has been 2 months, since the surgery. The pain in my hip is gone, I have good range of motion in the joint, and I really don't feel like I have a problem, so its hard to be inactive and on crutches. I went back for my first X-Ray since the procedure yesterday. The news was not bad, but it was not good either.
The "not bad" part is that the X-Ray looked good, the "necrotic island" that had been there back in February is gone, and there seems to be new vascularization in the femoral head. I can also do 20% weight bearing exercise. so all that is good. The bad is that I can do no stretching in the joint, I also have a further 3 months to wait for another X-Ray, and clearance from the doctor to get back to physical exercise. That puts me in July sometime before I can even begin to run...

That makes me very sad, so many of the relationships that I have here and the friends I have made, I met through running, I was hoping to get a chance to run with them all again. I will continue to hope for the chance....

Run Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment