Sunday, April 6, 2014

Back to Florida for Christmas



Our Annual trek back to florida is here again. We are excited to go home and I am hopeful that the hip pain I am experiencing, will ease. I have decided to run in a 10k while I m home, it is a race that I have done before and came in 3rd in my age division way back when. I also asked a friend to run it with me. I was hoping for cool weather and a fun run. I got 1.5 of that, the weather was cool in the early morning, it warmed up as the sun came up. I also had my two girls with me, which does not happen much in Malaysia, mostly because races begin so early in the morning. Races in the US usually begin at 7:00am, so the girls could come and watch.

The pain I was experiencing did not go away, and I woke the morning of the race, very sore. I decided that I would run anyway and walk when necessary. I love the race route, over Clearwater bridge, through the little oceanside town just over the bridge...its just a really nice run, for a cause that is very near and dear to my heart.


I walked a good portion of the race because of the pain, I did finish, and in under 1 hour, which historically is very poor for me...I think I have a rather serious physical problem, i don't think this is a muscle issue any longer. when i return to Penang i will need to go back to my doctor and see what is going on. Loyal readers, thanks for reading! Run Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment