Friday, September 30, 2011

Rehab is delish!! NOT!

So Rehab has begun and I am so thankful I made the decision to go to the I-Sports clinic in Island Hospital, My therapist Avery Tan, really knows his stuff and I really feel like he will get me back where I need to be! So beyond his knowledge and assistance is the pain factor which at times is in the 10+ range...biggest culprits...flexors and extensors that run across the wrist joint...holy crap those hurt!! The patella tendon (knee tendon)...Holy crap I thought I was going to jump off the table. I have had muscle pain and soreness before and have had some deep work done on trigger points...this new pain is on a whole new level. I know it has to be done and I feel myself improving every time...but WOW!! I have a whole new level of understanding with "No pain no gain." The other part of my rehab is to join a gym, I had joined a fitness center at the gurney hotel, but that is too far away for me right now, so I have joined the Celebrity Gym that is located on the 7th floor of the Gurney Plaza shopping complex. I actually like it there, it is easy to get to, they have newer equipment, and allot of it, and good trainers. The only downside is that the Gurney Plaza does not have a pedestrian elevator that goes to the 7th floor, only freight elevators, and depending on what has been transported that day...the elevators can be a bit, well "ripe". Otherwise the gym has worked out well with some time on the recumbent bike. hopefully next week some time with one of the trainers. The last part of my rehab has been the Regency's pool. It tough to get to on crutches (lots of stairs). Once there its a good  lap pool, and the exercises in the pool helps as well!! So getting better, getting stronger, and with all this going for me right now i am excited to get walking again...should be pretty strong by the time the Doc gives the ok! Well loyal reader, run happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment