Saturday, September 24, 2011

Well loyal reader it has been sometime since we have talked...well since I have talked and you have read anyway...My progress towards being on my feet was not as expected.I thought as of today I would be walking, and for all intents and purposes I am...only at 20% of my body weight (on my right leg)...so my plans for the Penang Bridge 1/2 seem to be shelved, and training when we are home in December may not be a reality either. The one good thing in all this is that the rehab is going well. I have really liked I-sports rehab, they are part of island hospital. The really know their stuff and it has gotten me motivated again. I am swimming now at least 3 times a week and should be able to start on a stationary bike next week...both being non weight bearing, I can do them. anything right now to help strengthen my leg before I get the nod to walk at full weight, gets me closer to running.So things are going well. I like the time in the pool and should enjoy the bike as well. Just an update loyal reader!

No comments:

Post a Comment