Monday, October 10, 2011

Records at Kona...and Rehab.

Ok, so I figured it was a good morning to get in a blog, since my posts are now at about 2 to 3 weeks...not much going on. Rehab is going well, the stretching and the strength training seems to be working, i feel stronger, and people who have watched my recovery from day one are saying that the leg looks better, not so puffy and discolored. Still trying to get to the gym at least 4 days a week and in the pool at least twice. that changes if I am sore from Rehab though, which was last weeks story. I find that I am eating really bad too. its like, when I was running all the time my body seemed to crave the healthy foods, fruits, veggies, healthy carbs and proteins, now that I am far more sedentary, I seem to crave the junk...not good, but I have been able to maintain my weight, I have just lost and muscle tone I did have (which was not much). Kona 70.3, was yesterday, and Crissie Wellington and Craig Alexander both won, which is good, because If I had been able to put money down in Vegas it would have been on them...For Craig, it seems like business as usual, the guy is a machine and one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, I had the opportunity to meet him at a Florida tri event and he was a great guy! Crissie is a Brooks runner, so enough said...She even has her own pair of limited edition T7's which look awesome. (I would buy them just because I LOVE the T7 and they look awesome, but at this point I am going to need a suitcase just for new shoes when we go home in December.) Craig posted his THIRD Ironman Win, and set a course record, personally i would be happy to finish it before the guys were out taking the course down, Which is amazing since he started to cramp towards the end and actually stopped with about a mile and a half to go, despite all of that a 12 second under the course record finish. For Crissie,her FOURTH win, with a torn pectoral muscle no less, and still swam, biked and ran 70.3 to a victory...Not athletes...not a sport...Think about what she accomplished with an injury that would put most Basketball and Baseball players on injured reserve for months!! You have to respect both of their accomplishments!! BRAVO!! Loyal reader, Run Happy!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much Chris....
    You gonna come back GREAT real SOON !!!!!
    Look ahead....

    ReplyDelete