Monday, October 29, 2012

Rock to Rock Run, Hard Rock Hotel, Penang..28 October 2012


Well last year for this race, I had just been allowed to begin weight bearing exercise...so I was not really crutches free, but I was close. It was nice to be at this one and be able to run...I Got a ride in from my friend Thuan. The event asks folks to dress up...i think its a bit for Halloween and just a bit for fun...This year people went all out, there were some really good ones. I have been trying to use races as a test to see what i can do and how fast i can go...this one was a really bad one to try that with...i managed 3 miles in 23:00, and 4 miles in 31...the last 2 miles stunk though...I ended up at 51 and change...Not bad for the first run in a week, but the 10k which used to be my go to race has started to become my worst...I did really well in the Tri-Factor in Singapore earlier this year and now each successive 10k has been worse by 1 min. I think i am racing too much and not training enough. Anyway I was thankful to have some I-run friends around in those last 2 miles to push me along, but I still was not at my best. Good friends and a good time makes up for it though! Anyway, now I really need to kick up my training so i can do well at Penang Bridge 1/2...Still have a few weeks to go. Run Happy loyal reader.








No comments:

Post a Comment