Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Penang Peace Run 2012

Youth Park, Penang

This was a smaller event, held here in Penang, with the amount of traveling to running events that I have been doing as of late it was nice to be able to run to an event rather than fly. It was also a good prep race for Australia this coming weekend. With a distance of only 6K (almost 4 miles) it was another chance to see if i could get the speed up again. Met up with some of the I-run folks who were not running in the Shapes night run, and enjoyed some spirited conversation before the race. Then it was on to business...I was hoping for sub 29:00 on this one, and really wanted to try and push for 27:00...I started off way too fast, hitting some high 6's and low 7's for the first 2 miles...then crashed at 3miles, had to walk out a cramp and ended up finishing at 28:55...it was a super fun race, and I also got to compete with another runner, a younger man who was pacing with me for most of the last mile and a half, when i stopped he passed me, and at the end i caught him on the finish sprint...I love that kind of competition, it pushes me to be better. Might have been in the top 10 in my division if not for the stop, should have made the top 30 overall...I had a great time which is all that matters. Congrats to all the medal Winners, there were more than a few.

The Gang

R-L: Me, Vincent Teoh, FL Kong, Hoay Jen, Khoo Siew Swan.
So now its on to a light week, and Thursday, its off to Sydney NSW, and then onto Newcastle NSW for the Hunter Valley Marathon...I'm only doing the half, and really want to try for, like 1:50...that would be nice. The photos on this blog are courtesy of  Wong Jin Ji and SKLeon, thanks to those guys for taking them and Hoay Jen for tagging me in them  on a social networking site. Loyal reader, thanks, as always and Run Happy!

http://huntervalleymarathon.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment