Saturday, April 7, 2012

Kota Kinabalu

We took a much deserved vacation which meant a few days off from my newly begun Hansons training schedule. For an obsessive Virgo like me that was tough, so to balance it out I felt i had to get in a run. Our final destination was the "Borneo Rainforest lodge" in the Danum Valley about two hours outside Lahad Datu. I figured while there I would have little chance to run and with as much hiking as we planned to do, I may not want to anyway. So for the day and a half we were in Kota Kinabalu I decided I would follow my schedule and run my required 4 miles on Sunday morning. Getting out from the resort was fine, and thanks to the concierge I was able to locate a nice park with some loops, it was a bit boring but served its purpose. I also discovered that KK was a bit hotter than Penang is and that 4 miles was a bit tougher. So with that we were off to Lahad Datu, and the Rainforest Lodge, which was amazing. although no running was done there was a great deal of hiking and this video shows one of the roads that i considered running, but there was so much mud that it would have been very difficult.


We got back to Penang on Friday night and I texted my friend Thuan and he was going to get in a 10K run on Saturday so i figured I would join him and at 52:20...it was not a bad little run. My Hansons requirement for the day was 4 miles and that was done in 33:10, so the split was not great but not bad either. I am still consistent in my times and that is the goal at this point is consistency. So another long run tomorrow and then hopefully, I can get my runs in next week with Brenna being off from school. Run Happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment