Friday, April 13, 2012

2 month anniversary.

It's been two months since the doctor cleared me to run and since that time it's been an exciting and sometimes frustrating time. It began slowly with 3 mile runs, and now I can manage 6 miles, but not well, my hip flexors seize up at about 3 miles and I have to stretch or walk it out, but that is a far sight better than sitting doing nothing or laying in bed. For almost 8 months that was my situation, other than the time on the crutches. I am happy with my progress, but I am still impatient and want to be back where I was, now. The two months have included two races, the first was the Merestas Desa, which was a 6k, and a tough one to boot, very very fun!


The next one was Malakoff. a 7k road race and that one went pretty well. I had a time goal in mind and actually came within a minute of achieving it. That was a good race, with all things being equal. I am now up to running 5 days a week and although my hip flexors don't like it at times. it generally feels good. With more races coming up, and having just begun my Hansons training it should get better and better. Run Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment