Monday, March 5, 2012

If you run it, speed will come.

Well another Monday is here which means its time to  review the last week. This is actually difficult to do at times as the two training websites that I use track things differently. Garmin Training Center tracks things in a week that runs Sunday to Saturday, which I don't like. Training Peaks does a Monday to Sunday week, which is really how I plan, as my long run (when I am able to go back to "long" runs) is Sunday. Last week went as follows:
Tuesday: 3.2 Miles  27:13  8:29 pace
Wednesday: 3.2 Miles 27:43  8:39 pace
Friday: 3.2 Miles 27:00  8:26 pace
Sunday: 4 miles 34:37  8:37 pace

Allow me to Explain, Monday was an off day due to my poor planning last week and doing 4 runs in a row up until Sunday, it was dumb to do that and those two days, Sunday and Monday, I was very sore. Tuesday was good and the speed is beginning to come back, then I had a massage on Tuesday, which was awesome, and really set up the rest of the week. Thursday was an off day/gym day, followed by Friday. Saturday I would have run, but when I got the chance to be "massage therapist" all day Saturday for a big over 35 men's soccer tournament. I decided it might be best to come into the event at my best. So it was not the week I wanted, I need to get another day in there so that I can get ready for the Hanson's training to start at months end and my two races.


Which will be held on 18/3/2012

and..

both of these I am going to treat as tempo runs and see if I can hold a pace over the course of a race. There is no chance of standing at the podium for either of these, I just want to see how fast I can do them and they are not long distances, either one. Merentas is 8K, and Malakoff is 7K. so the speed is coming back, but I have to get more consistent with how I train and stop with the haphazard days, I have been consistent with my time, but the days is a mess right now. Anyway, today was an off day with a 1/2 hour on the bike at the gym, and some sit ups. I will do my core workout tonight. so the week is off to a good start! Run Happy loyal reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment