Saturday, February 25, 2012

When does 4 miles become 6??

When you try and run 4 days in a row in your third week back to running. It was terrible! I should not have worn my Brooks pure flows either, my legs are not ready for minimalist, especially after three strait days of running. I need to get my schedule in line, having taken Monday and Tuesday off ofter the debacle last Sunday...I figured well I will run Wednesday - Sunday. This was a good plan in theory, practically it has been a bad idea. so the week went as follows

Monday: off
Tuesday: off
Wednesday: 3.2miles 29:31 9:13/mile pace
Thursday: 3.2 miles 28:49  9:01/mile pace
Friday: 3 miles on the treadmill, 29:00 not sure of my pace somewhere in the 9's
Saturday: 4 miles 37:46 9:27/mile pace

Sunday will be an off day. and hopefully I can get some massage work done, i need it badly!
So another week of almost 15 miles, not bad for my 3rd week. I am still however frustrated at my speed, i know it will come back and I should be happy to be running again. the competitive voice in my head is sometimes very loud, and it screamed today!  Run Happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment