Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Comeback, week two...rolling the dice.

Ok, so my last post was on the 13th, talking about my first week back. So I am a few days off with this one, Second week, down and it was a week of highs and lows. So the weeks started with 4 miles on Tuesday, after my 6 miles on Saturday, i needed the two days of rest (sorry to say). So Tuesdays tilt was in 36:04  at a 9:00/mile pace...not bad, not great, but not bad, I am beginning to go with my green silences more often now, but this run I tried my pure flows, liked them alot, I am still favoring the silences overall. Wednesday off, 3 miles at an 8:50/mile pace, on Thursday. So its getting better. Friday 3.2 miles, 9:11/mile pace, eh, getting a bit worse again. Saturday off and then a planned 6 miles on Sunday, as I was excited to join the I-run group again for heir Sunday LSD. so I planned to run up to the Penang youth park, 2 miles, do the 6 mile loop (as everyone else did 21k) and just stop on Gurney in front of the apartment. it might turn out to be a little more than 6 but not by much.Sunday arrives, I make my way up to youth park, no problems. I did not know many of the people who were joining, but did recognize Sunny who i have met at the gym and in a few of the races and I-run events, so she was by no means a stranger. She is also a very good runner, and although I was hoping to pace with someone, she might not be the best one to pace with. however when they started, the pace seemed very manageable. I was doing ok, cramped a bit but only one stop initially. Then came a steeper section (steep for the Florida boy anyway) and my hamstring just crapped out. I had to stop to get it un-knotted a few times but things started to even out and I felt good. I had forgotten though that I did not eat dinner on Saturday night and had not eaten anything this morning either and as the 5 mile mark approached, the fuel gage went to zero and I was done. Before when I was in better shape I could get away with a missed meal and then a long run, this time, it was not happening, the cramps got worse and worse and my magical "HEED" was not working. So I was done and in shame i hung my head and headed home, managing 6.55 miles at 10:00 a mile, again. I was really hoping for a better result especially as good as the week went, but I rolled the dice against the nutrition boss and he rolled 7's, I got snake eyes and lost big time. I will not make that bet again. Thank you Sunny for pacing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment