Thursday, November 24, 2011

So the Florida runner is now the Florida walker, but it is far better than the Florida crutcher. I have been in the gym now for a month and things are improving a great deal in my opinion. It is not easy taking off the extra weight i have put on (about 5 lbs) but I am getting stronger for sure. So Penang Bridge Marathon has passed and i am disappointed but not that much, i am more hopeful for February to arrive and the opportunity to run again is just around the corner. Rox brought up an interesting point though and that is the minimalistic shoes i have run in from time to time. i mean the Saucony Kinvara is not a true minimal but its not that far away, I also have trained and raced in the Brooks T7 and i have just gotten some green silences and the new Pure Project connects from Brooks as well. i also continue to train regularly in my Brooks Launch, it has been my go to training shoe for a few years now. I think when I do go back it will be a slow transition and i may begin on some trail runs and something less of a pounding than a road run. I feel like I can still handle the shoes i have always trained in, again I just need to transition slowly. So I am happy to be nearing the end of this recovery and getting back to the original purpose for this blog, running in Penang. I cant wait!! Run Happy Loyal reader!!

No comments:

Post a Comment