Tuesday, June 5, 2012

30 mile week...

me, Mei Ling, Saw Khuan Yeap, Ai Cheng Tan & Kelvin Lim

I figured after the Singapore sundown debacle, I would be so sore this past week that I would have nothing left for the training, which by the way I have altered to meet my current realistic needs, not the needs of my super competitive alter ego i will forever refer to as "insane bolt". I was wrong I was able to log some significant mileage, ending the week with an 8.5 mile Saturday and a 9 mile Sunday, both at 9+ min a mile, which as stated by The Hansons coach Luke Humphries is necessary until i build some baseline strength back. I can feel better about it knowing that the training schedule calls for these easy and long weekend runs to be at 1.5 to 2 min slower than my intended race pace, so I am still within my high 7 low 8 race pace. The Saturday run was with the I-run group and I was supposed to meet up with my friend Thuan along the route as well. I really enjoy running with a group. This is just a really fit, really good group of runners and i cannot keep up for long, i have to walk out, especially after the 6 mile mark.
L-R: Ding Ding Heng, Chung Mei Ling, Saw Khuan Yeap, Jorene Lim, Ai Cheng Tan.


L-R: Kelvin Lim,Khim Ch'ng,Evans Neoh,Tan Cheng Jin, Saw Khuan Yeap, Chung Mei Ling, Ding Ding Heng, Jorene Lim, Bee Hong Ewe, Toh Beng Bin and Goo Neoh.

The majority of them are multiple marathoners and half marathoners and not only do the Run and bike, but they also swim. I cant swim..hell, I cant really bike...I can crash though...i do that really well...which tells me that if i took up swimming, I would drown really well....one near death experience is quite enough. Anyway I was also able to connect with Thuan, and get my "Pack Towel Nano."

pack towel nano

carrying case

I have used minimalistic towels for camping and hiking before but this seemed like a good fit for post race towel off...I was 100% correct, this thing is amazing.It just keeps absorbing, even when it seems wet, and then rings out and comes back for more and at $9.95 US its a bargain. Its not very large, the medium which I got is 23x18 inches, which is about 58.4 x 45.7 cm...so its not enough to cover your while body, unless you are really small...it makes a good bandanna though...
You know I would not look good bald...really!


No comments:

Post a Comment