Monday, May 7, 2012

Another week of training in the books.

OK, so I have to say that in the last two weeks i have done more weekly miles than i have ever done as a runner, even before my accident, This past week it was 29 miles total for the week and the week before that it was 30. In summary my week began with an easy 4 miles. Tuesday, speed work that should have covered 10 miles, but the monsoon chased me inside at 5 miles, Wednesday off, Thursday Tempo run covering 7 miles, which I could not get in, mostly due to being way too sore, but the weather did not help either, 4 miles Friday, 6 miles Saturday and 10 miles Sunday, which was more like 9.5, as I was again trapped by mother nature. I mean it rains nasty in Florida, but Penang rain storms are different somehow, there is almost no warning. Anyway so there you have it. This week has begun with a bang, a 5 miler to begin the week and let me tell you today was beautiful, it was actually cool (I mean temperature wise) and because of the temp, I was actually a bit quicker than normal. Tomorrow is the big test though, another speed day and now my speed work covers a 1 mile distance...not looking forward to it! I will talk more about this weeks training next week, i also have a new bitch and moan, drivers who have zero respect for anyone but themselves, my current count for "almost being a hood ornament for a proton" is now at 5, with today's close call the closest yet, which brought me to confront said young and stupid drivers with a hearty "Thanks for almost hitting me, Motherfucker!" not that it made any difference at all, but it made me feel good! Well loyal reader, till next time, Run Happy (unless you are almost hit and killed by a proton, then scream at the driver, who could care less and then Run Happy)

No comments:

Post a Comment