Monday, December 10, 2012

Takasima Run 2012



 
This is a charity race (so no medals and no timing chip except if you come in in the top 20), held on the Penang Mainland at a new industrial park where the headquarters for the Takasima company is located...FYI they make exercise equipment and also carry other companies products and they seem
to like Ferrari and Lamborghini...Go figure...Who doesn't!


This was a 10k race and although it was un-timed I wanted to try and run better than I had...My review of my performance...Eh....
I was somewhere around 48 - 49  min...I was very lucky to have been lent a GPS watch (polar, sorry Garmin...when I get home I will be testing the 310 and 210...promise!). This was a fun race, some up and down sections over some raised highway section, a nice newer highway, a good competitive crowd, and lots of good friends around to enjoy it with...I am finding that I have been racing too much so I am taking more rest days, and to be honest, I was concerned I would slow a bit, but 47-49 seems to be my time for a 10k here in Malaysia. Now I had thought this would be my last race in Penang for 2012, but I have the Round Island Relay, which is in its 35th year, I think...I missed it last year due to my injury so I am excited I will be able to be a part of it! Takasima, good time!




No comments:

Post a Comment