Tuesday, August 7, 2012

55th Chung Ling Cross Country Run


Last year this was the first real time I spent away from the house and on crutches. It had been less than a month from the accident...i remember slipping on a dead bird and falling, and having a great time with my good friends. This year I was not on crutches, but still find it difficult to make an Irish/German, Chinese. The reason i say that is that the tradition of this race is that it is open to individuals of Chinese descent only...i have so much respect for that, i would never run in this event even for fun, tradition needs to be honored and celebrated. So i decided to take some photos and celebrate that tradition, spend some time with good friends, and hopefully meet some new ones. I had a blast. I love being a part of the I-run group and the Penang running community in general, it encompasses some really great people. I-run again made a really great showing, especially amongst the ladies. Our guys did not do too bad either, and as a group, overall, I-run was well represented.
This is a group I will miss more than I can say, as we inch closer to our time to depart Penang...I am going to take every chance i get to create as many great memories as I can. This particular run, will always be one of those memories! Run Happy, loyal reader!


2011, cast and crutches.



2012, "look mom, no crutches!"

No comments:

Post a Comment