Friday, January 20, 2012

Re-Beginnings

Well here we are and there are 10 days till i officially find out if i can run again. I really feel it is a moot point as I feel i am back to normal, my stride is no longer compromised, the soreness in my tibial tendon is gone, and i feel really good and strong, i still have about 10 pounds to lose, but once I start running again that is no problem. With that being said i have begun  to plan for my race season...it looks like my first 5K (good way to start back again) will be in march, during the brooks half marathon event, to be held 11 march in KL. I think a 5k is a good way to start off, especially since there is no real pressure in a 5K and after a month of good solid run training, i should be ready for that. I am also looking at the rest of the year and there are lots of cool things coming up, The Standard Chartered KL marathon, the sundowner in Singapore, the Taiping race i missed last year, and of course the Penang Bridge, as well as some local races. the one that i have been planning though is this one, which for me looks awesome!!


Winery Running Festival

I mean wine and running!! what could be better!! It is located just outside of Newcastle NSW Australia, i plan to fly in to Sydney, take the train to Newcastle, stay, race, have fun, then take the trin back to Sydney for a half a day, stay and fly out the next day...AWESOME!! I really miss running and when you see events like this, it makes me love it and miss it even more!!
So hopefully the news is good on Monday the 30th, and the adventure will contiue again!! loyal reader, thanks for hanging in there and as always, Run Happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment